Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Some things are better than sex

Tonight I met with Luchia after work. We live so far away that it is a carefully planed out event when we get to see each other. I drove an hour, and she met up with me about 30 minutes outside of where she works, and we got Thai food together. It was spicy and delicious.

No sex, just talk of our day, and about our wedding, and people and each others dreams and desires. These are some of the best times. Just spending time with each other is important. If sex was everything then the relationship would be flat, and empty. Living life together takes more than just physical gratification.

Besides, if we didn't like spending time together without sex, then chastity would be unbearable wouldn't it?

After dinner we retreated to the back seat of my car underneath some trees in the far side of the parking lot where nobody was around. We snuggled up in the back, and she laid in my arms while we discussed our marriage vows that we would say to each other.
We laughed and poked at each other. There was indeed plenty of flirting too though now that we weren't in the public eye.

Oh to kiss her... Her tongue tasted sweet, despite the spicy food we had eaten. I lifted her shirt enough to feel the flesh of her waist as we kissed in a way that we've been to rushed, or too busy to kiss like for what seems like a hundred years.

She even sang me a song as we lay in the back seat. She sang soft and slow, of a place of rest and release, of peace and home. She sang into my ear and into my neck and I could feel the shiver of her closeness spread down my spine and into the small of my back where the energy rested and sank deep within me.

18 more days. We recited this to each other over and over. We're both counting down. We both want the wait to be over just as bad as the other.

I have a feeling that it will go by faster than we think, however every day may seem like an eternity. Collectively, it's only two full weekends.

There is still much to do between now and then, and I'm sure that they will get done. But all the while in the background my passion grows. I can not wait to be married to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment